Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Spring

Good Morning...Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoy your visit. I've done something a little different and a little outside of my comfort zone but had so much fun! You remember when I asked for a BossKut Gazelle for Christmas, then when it came, I whined til my husband gave in and let me have it early, only to use it once or twice, got frustrated and just about threw it out the window...Well on the suggestion of my fearless leader Regina I decided to give it another try. Here's what I created with it and you know what...it was simple with the aid of The Cutting Cafe Butterfly Template. Not to worry if you don't have a BossKut, Pazzles or other cutting machine, the file comes in a PDF file as well. I also did something new for me, stitching and while I'm OK with it, I wish I would have run the stitches all the way to the upper outer edge of the butterfly but glued it in place before I had a chance to see what it looked like...oh well, next time I'll know better---
Here is the recipe---
Card Size: Base card measures 5.5" x 4"
Template: Cutting Cafe Butterfly Template
Nestibilities/Spellbinders: Petite Oval/Scallop
Cuttlebug: With Love Embossing Border Set, Babyface Alphabet
Sizzix: Phrase-Spring Flowers, Flower & Flourish #2
Accessories: Glitter, Flat Back Pearls, Embroidery Floss, Foam Pop Dots

Now how quick and easy is that? That's all I've got for you today. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to set your clocks ahead this weekend as we enter Daylight Savings Time. Woo Hoo...I LOVE it...I don't care if we do lose an hour, it's great to have the daylight in the evening! Have a fabulous weekend...Hope to see you on Monday!!

23 comments:

C said...

Oh, my gosh...am I in awe! You beat me to this template. I just love it.

I whined for my Gazelle, too and may still give it a toss...grrrr. Regina is such a help but it's soo much smarter than I am and that's not good.

craftieodmae said...

Girl you did great! This is awesome. I'm lovin it!!

Silli said...

What a wonderful idea, love the big butterfly, love the colors and the papers... work with love...! Hugs and happy weekend dear kelly... Thinking of you...;-) I love my flowers and pearls sooooo much...;-) THANKS!

Diane said...

Now that is just plain gorgeous!!! I loet he butterfly, and I think the stitching is perfect!!! Glad you are getting "to know" your machine better!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so cool! Love the spring colors! Olga and I are having coffee want to join us!

Beth said...

I'm lovin' this card and all the spring colors. I'm with you, I love DST too!

Migdalia said...

WOW! That's gorgeous! Luv every detail about it! You go girl!
Hugz

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo, Kelly! Way to go with the Gazelle! LOVE this! Isn't it fun to step outside your comfort zone!? xxD

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, I just love the Spring Colours... Now how could you not use a Craft Cutting Machine for so long ??? :) Well done the result is fantastic xxx

Suzanne said...

Hi Kelly...Love what you have done with your Gazzelle!!! You look like you are on your way to being an expert in no time. Great card!!

Regina Easter said...

oh no no no...i love the stitching just the way it is....i would have done the same thing...this is one of the cutest butterflies ever....a little girl would cherish this card...heck any girl...hugs

~JulieH~ said...

Oh my Kelly this is so gorgeous! Love the pastel colours, Beautifuk butterfly creation!
Hugs
Juliexx

Nita's World Handmade said...

Oh my Kelly, I love it!

Rachel said...

this is beautiful kelly! so springy!! i love it!
Have a great weekend.
hugs,
Rachel

Enfys said...

This is so beautiful Kelly, the stitching looks perfect,
big hugs
En xx

Melodie said...

I love your butterfly, that is really spring.
Hugs
Melodie

Kris said...

Kelly I'm so glad I've decided to return to the world and to find this card makes me happy just to look at it. So pretty and springy! Hugs...Kris

Sandy said...

as an avid lover of butterflies this one had me at hello...i love the cheerfull prints and colors...just wonderful Kelly!

Anonymous said...

love the spring feel to this...I do love the rain but feel ready to have some doors open!
what a fun card, you do great work for The Cutting Cafe!

Sharon Caudle said...

Kelly, this is just flat out adorable!!! I love all the fabulous detailing and the colors and papers you used are completely delicious!! I have just got to do one of these butterflies! Fantastic card!! I love it!!!
hugs!
Sharon

Min said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the papers and embossing and your stitching is just PERFECT the way it is!!
Beautiful Card Kelly!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min

Unknown said...

Ilove the butterfly ideal.. what a beautiful card.. Humm I just may try making something like it.
Cheers

eunice said...

LOVE THIS! Simple? NOT! :)
This wonderful shaped card is just my style! You've inspired me! I'd love to do a shaped card like this at my next Design Studio class. p.s. is the word "happy" a sizzix die too?