Blogger Templates

If I Have Inspired You...Sign Up To "Follow Me" Click On "Join This Site" Then Follow Instructions

Have A Question On How I Did Something? PLEASE READ!

I love to share what knowledge I have. I'm finding it more and more difficult to respond to your questions because some of you are not leaving a way for me to contact you. I am not ignoring those of you who have questions, but the majority of the time no contact information is given so I am unable to respond to your inquiries. If you are serious about me answering the questions you ask and do not have a Blogger account with an email address linked to it, please leave your email address or email me with your question at knmic1012@aol.com and I will get back with you. If you email me, be sure to put "blog question" in the subject line so I won't think it's SPAM and delete it.


Monday, April 20, 2009

Heard You Were On Your Ass

Good Morning...hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!! Here is a card that I made for my brother in law (my husbands brother opposed to my sister's husband) who just had surgery and is really having a tough time of it. He has a farm house in SW Virgina and has several mules, so I thought this card would be appropriate for the occasion. I used a free image that I found on line---http://coloringpagesforkids.info/donkey-coloring-pages/
then colored the image with Prima pencils and OMS then layered in on a rectangle Nestibility. Added a few flowers that were cut with Fiskars flower punch and 3mm flatback rhinestone. The grass was cut with Crircut Plantain Schoolbook cartridge. I added 3 Making Memories metallic brads. Words are computer generated and layered on oval/scallop Nestibilities. The inside reads "Wishing You A Speedy Recovery"











Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day and I'll see you next time. Until then "Happy Crafting"!

6 comments:

Migdalia said...

That is so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your brother-in-law will love this card. You do very nice work on all of your cards.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! This is so funny and cute!!! I love it. All of your cards are awesome! I will keep visiting your blog to see what else you create!

Unknown said...

LOL That is to funny, your cards is so nice and neat!

Kelly said...

Hi Mita and welcome!
I don't have a problem with the ink smearing. You have to start with smooth paper, I use Beckett Expression paper to print my images. It is a little bit pricey but well worth it. Georgia Pacific 130lb card stock is a good substitute and can be purchased at Walmart at a fraction of the cost. For stamped images I use a waterproof ink such as Staz On. If you hasve a problem with the ink smearing when printing from the computer, it may be helpful to heat set your image. I would use a heat gun but if you don't have one, a hair dryer would work.

Lisa said...

This is so cute.... Definitely one of my favorites! I love how you put him in the grass.